Pension and hostel in Padrón, on the Portuguese Way

What to visit in Padrón?

Make a stop on the way and discover ... Padrón

Rosalia de Castro house museum

Dedicated to the memory of Rosalía de Castro. She lived in it with her husband and her children, and in which he died in 1837. It is surrounded by a green space that in her time was an orchard and today is a recreates a garden of the time.

Padrón botanical garden

The oldest documentation of the Padrón Botanical-Artistic Garden belongs to the year 1869, which is why it is considered one of the first gardens in Spain.

Santiago de padrón church

This temple was built near the place where the disciples of Santiago moored the Pedrón, on the bank of the river Sar, the stone boat in which they transported the body of the Apostle from Palestine to Padrón.

convent of carme

The Carme Convent is a neoclassical style building, built at the beginning of the s. XVIII on living rock. Its first inhabitants were the religious of the Discalced Carmelite order and, after the Confiscation of Mendizábal (1836), it passed into the hands of the Dominican fathers, still present today.

santiaguiño do monte

A few meters from the Carme Convent, on Mount Gregorio, there is a place that invites you to rest after ascending the 132 steps, wide, integrated in nature, and that lead us to the hermitage of Santiaguiño del Monte, a place where the Apostle Santiago retired to reflect.

macías square

Square dedicated to Macías O´Namorado. Medieval troubadour born in Padrón, Carcacía in 1340. It is said that while he was a squire for the Marquis of Calatrava, D. Enrique de Aragón, he fell in love with a high-class maiden and was killed by her at the hands of her husband.

Camilo José Cela Foundation

The son of a Galician father and a mother of English and Italian descent, he spent his childhood in Galicia, then moved with his family to Madrid in 1925. He received numerous prizes, including the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1989.

colegiata de iria flavia

The current Collegiate Church of Santa María de Iria Flavia is the fourth after Santa Eulalia and was built during the years 1708 and 1714, under the order of the Archbishop of Santiago, Fray Antonio Monroy and commissioned by the master Pedro García de Cotobade.

paseo do espolón

Under this wooded area every Sunday of the year, since the Middle Ages, a typical market is held, where all kinds of merchandise that the visitor can imagine are sold, and therefore, Sunday after Sunday, it attracts thousands of people from all over Galicia. .